On January 28, 2016, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (“Toshiba”) announced a voluntary recall to replace certain Panasonic battery packs manufactured for and used with certain Toshiba laptops sold between June 2011 and January 2016. Toshiba sold the battery packs with new laptops and as accessories or replacement battery packs in the course of repair. Because there is a possibility that the affected battery packs can overheat, they could pose a burn or fire hazard. Toshiba is offering a free replacement for affected battery packs.
If your battery pack is subject to Toshiba’s recall/replacement program, Toshiba recommends you turn off the laptop and remove the battery pack immediately. You can continue using your laptop safely by powering the laptop with an AC adapter power until you receive a replacement battery pack.
- How to check if your battery pack is affected and request a replacement battery
- Click here to download a utility that will check if your battery is affected
- or Click here to manually check if your battery is affected
- For additional information, please contact Toshiba Customer Support
Call to: 866-224-1346
- Battery pack and PC models that may be affected by this announcement
- Click here to view a list of Battery pack and PC models
After running the Toshiba Battery Check Utility you will see either of these results:
Post your thoughts below in the comment section.