How to register your name/nick in the new chat:
- Enter your name first into the dialog box and click on connect.
- Next type this in the chat box
/msg NickServ REGISTER yourPassword firstname.lastname@example.org hit enter.
- Check your email for the confirmation code, then enter this into the chat box
/msg NickServ CONFIRM ConfirmationCodeHereand again hit enter
- Next time you log in your name should be saved, if not just re-enter it. You will also be asked for your password.
UPDATE: New menu added for easy access to Nick Registration
If you have forgotten your nick’s password:
- Type this to request a reset:
/msg NickServ RESETPASS yournickhere
- After issuing that command, an email with a passcode will be sent to the email address registered to your nick from email@example.com. Copy and paste the command from your email (without quotation marks) within 24 hours or else the passcode will expire:
/msg NickServ ENTERCODE passcodegoeshere
- NickServ will then assign you a temporary password with the message
Password changed to tempPassword.You can now identify to your nick by using the temporary password:
/msg NickServ IDENTIFY temp password
- After you have successfully identified to your nick, you can change the password to your own choice:
/msg NickServ SET PASSWORD yourpasswordhere
TEST CHAT HERE